UIA's Active Members comprise individuals the world over who have an interest in international organizations and the work of the UIA. As trustees, they further the interests of the UIA in their particular sphere of activity.
UIA's Active Members comprise individuals who are elected by the General Assembly on the basis of their interest and activity in international organizations. Members are chosen without distinction of nationality, race, sex, and creed, nor of adherence to ideological, political or professional groups.
- Possible limited access to the Yearbook of International Organizations Online and the International Congress Calendar Online for research projects which benefit the UIA
- Collaboration opportunities on mutual projects with the UIA
- An invitation to participate in UIA's Associations Round Tables
- An invitation to participate in UIA’s biennial General Assembly
- Opportunity to take part in the direction and management of the UIA
- Networking opportunities with other individuals who are interested in international organizations and the work of the UIA
- Posting of news relevant to associations on the UIA website
The UIA's Active Members include diplomats, international civil servants, association executives, professors of international relations and directors of foundations.
There are no membership dues for Active Membership.
How to Become an Active Member
Individuals meeting the membership criteria are invited to send a Letter of Motivation along with their Curriculum Vitae to the UIA Secretariat ( ). Candidates are admitted following approval by the General Assembly. Membership is limited to 250 individuals.