Recognizing the importance of international meetings and congresses to international association life, the UIA offers collaboration and partnership with entities in the meetings industry in the format of an Associate Membership. The main focus of this collaboration is promoting the networking between association and industry bodies.
Associate Members are entitled to preferential use of UIA’s services including:
- An exclusive early copy of UIA’s International Meetings Statistics Report
- Online access to UIA’s International Congress Calendar and, with a Premium Membership, to the Yearbook of International Organizations
- An exclusive copy of UIA’s Survey on Meetings of International Organizations
- An invitation to participate in UIA's Associations Round Tables
- Posting of news relevant to associations on the UIA website
- Maintaining their own page on the UIA website, linked from the Associate Members' Directory
- Support from UIA in their networking with international associations through customized data delivery
- Possibilities of customized data-streaming in constantly updated live data feeds on organizations and their meetings
- An invitation to participate in UIA’s training sessions
- Professional advice about networking opportunities with associations
The UIA's Associate Members include national, regional and local offices of tourism and convention bureaus, congress centres, hotels, airline companies, congress organizers and travel agencies, industry representatives, consultants, associations, and other organizations.