UIA Active Members are individuals who have an interest in international organizations and in the work of the UIA, and who have contributed significantly and over a long period to the international organization community. As trustees they further the interests of the UIA each in his or her own sphere of activity.
UIA asks that its Active Members
- Promote the work of the UIA in their professional networks and fields;
- Contribute to the work of the UIA where and as its needs and their knowledge and skills match;
- Stay informed of UIA’s activities by reading the Secretariat’s quarterly and annual reports;
- Participate in the General Assembly (held every two years in Brussels) either in person or by proxy.
There are no fees involved. UIA Active Membership is an honorary and – we trust – honorable position.
In return, UIA offers
- Access to the Yearbook of International Organizations Online and the International Congress Calendar Online for research projects which benefit the UIA
- Collaboration opportunities on mutual projects with the UIA
- An invitation to participate in UIA's Associations Round Tables
- Opportunity to take part in the direction and management of the UIA
- Networking opportunities with other individuals who are interested in international organizations and the work of the UIA
- Posting of news relevant to associations on the UIA website
Current UIA Active Members
The UIA's Active Members include diplomats, international civil servants, association executives, professors of international relations and directors of foundations.
How to Become an Active Member
Interested individuals are invited to send a Letter of Motivation along with their Curriculum Vitae to the UIA Secretariat ( ). Candidates are admitted following approval by the General Assembly. Membership is limited to 250 individuals.